Wednesday, October 26, 2005

You Wanna See Something REALLY Scary???


Someone started a thread at tracker asking what kind of dog everyone owns... I was soooooo tempted to post the photo of Sam and pretend he was mine just for fun. What is it with Sam’s back leg? He must love to chew on it – it’s always near his gnarled up mouth. Oh, and my husband told me to be sure to count the number of toes on his left foot… WTF???

This is how the Associated Press described Sam:
The tiny dog has no hair, if you don't count the yellowish-white tuft erupting from his head. His wrinkled brown skin is covered with splotches, a line of warts marches down his snout, his blind eyes are an alien, milky white, and a fleshy flap of skin hangs from his withered neck. And then there are the Austin Powers teeth that jut at odd angles.

Anyway, if you want to see some scary, funny stuff check out this video of Sam in the living flesh (yowza!): http://www.metacafe.com/watch/30216/worlds_ugliest_dog/

On to my fitness journey stuff…

C1W6D3
Wooohooo. My body feels great after yesterday’s LB and ab workout. Lots of soreness. Must be from the lunges and new ab exercise I tried.

Today’s cardio session was AWESOME. Did HIIT on the treadmill for the first time in quite awhile. I’ve been trying to get my shin splints to heal and thought I’d give it a go this morning and didn’t feel much pain and definitely feel like I hit my 10! I LOVE to RUN!

I’m a little freaked out that I’m in the middle of week six… only five and a half weeks left to make some dramatic changes. With that said, I think I’m gonna head to the gym for an steady state cardio session right now! I’ve been debating with myself whether or not to do some extra cardio today and I just talked myself into it.

Meals:
M1 – Chocolate Oatmeal (from EFL book, w/o splenda)
M2 – oatmeal and protein powder
M3 – small pear, 2 string cheese, 6 almonds
M4 – tuna fish, pear
M5 – chicken breast, brocoli, sweet potato
M6 – I’m going to try cutting out meal six for a bit and see what happens…
One gallon of water.

3 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Stef said...

I did extra cardio in my first challenge....usually added walking for 10-20 minutes onto the end of my HIIT or did 30-40 minutes of moderate intensity steady state.(MISS) on lifting days. I think it helped!

good luck!

Stef :-)
ps..man that dog is UGLY!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger KC said...

That dog is not only ugly, but plain scary. I may have nightmares about it later. :)

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger carolakabb said...

That dog looks like something out of the Gremlins movie -- just plain scarier!!!! OMG I am going to have to show it to a few people!!! Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home