Friday, November 11, 2005

C1W8D5 - So Freaking Hungry!!!


I’m so not enjoying 1100 calories per day. I don’t know why a few hundred calories makes such a big difference to me, but I feel so hungry. I plug my food into fitday each time I eat and then I start feeling panicked – oh no, I only get 600 more calories today. I think my hunger is a mental thing. I feel like I’m depriving myself so my stomach is growling. No wonder BFL/EFL was so easy before I started counting calories – now it feels like I’m on a “diet.” =(

Tonight we’ve been invited to our home builder’s grand opening of our new little community and they’ll be serving “fine wine and hors d’oeuvres” so it’s going to be a challenge to resist… (The photo is the house we’re buying.)

Still feeling soreness in my upper body from Wednesday’s workout. Love it.

Today’s lower body workout was great and I think I already feel it in my hamstrings.

Quads:
Leg Press (upped the weights from last time)
1x12 – 90 lbs.
2x10 – 120 lbs.
3x8 – 140 lbs.
4x6 – 195 lbs.
5x12 – 150 lbs.
DB Squats 1x12 – 25 lbs.

Hamstrings:
DB Lunges
1x12 – 15 lbs.
2x10 – 20 lbs.
3x8 – 25 lbs.
4x6 – 30 lbs.
5x12 – 15 lbs.
Deadlifts 1x12 – 60 lbs.

Calves:
45° Calf Press
1x12 – 150 lbs.
2x10 – 180 lbs.
3x8 – 270 lbs.
4x6 – 360 lbs.
5x12 – 270 lbs.
1 Leg Standing Raise 1x12 – 30 lbs.

Hmmm. I wonder if I did the primary exercise correctly. I didn’t realize how much weight I was putting on and 360 lbs. seems like A LOT and it wasn’t the hardest exercise I’ve ever done. 30 lb. dumbbell lunges kicked my butt way more.

Abs (BFL style):
Decline sit ups w/10 lbs. weight
Hanging leg lifts

Meals:
M1 - 1 tsp. almond butter, 1 tsp. pb, coffee (pre-workout)
M2 - 3 oz. chicken breast, apple
M3 - oatmeal, protein
M4 - 3 oz. chicken breast, apple
M5 - tuna fish, apple
M6 - probably chicken and an apple...


Here’s my HIIT on the elliptical from yesterday. Want to keep track of the cycles to see if I can improve on it in the next couple of weeks.

I use manual mode and keep the RPM’s at 60 or above through each level. I haven’t been able to make it to 60 RPMs on the last level and don’t feel like I could keep going a second longer so I’m pretty sure I’ve hit a 10.

Warmup for two minutes at Level 5
Minute 3: Level 8
Minute 4: Level 10
Minute 5: Level 13
Minute 6: Level 16
Minute 7: Level 8
Minute 8: Level 10
Minute 9: Level 13
Minute 10: Level 16
Minute 11: Level 8
Minute 12: Level 10
Minute 13: Level 13
Minute 14: Level 16
Minute 15: Level 8
Minute 16: Level 10
Minute 17: Level 13
Minute 18: Level 16
Minute 19: Level 18
Cool down.

7 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

Looks like a kick @$$ workout to me :) Great job...

As for the calories - frankly I was alway taught to never go below 1200/day. I really wonder if you're eating too little. If you find you're getting really tired or your binging the first place I would look would be your calories.

:)

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger KC said...

I don't count calories b/c that would drive me nuts, and I would quit. That's just me.

Cool house!

If it were me, and I was invited to a shindig with wine and treats, I would damn well have the glass of wine. I feel I must enjoy my life, and this is a celebration. (of course, there couldn't be one of these every day or anything) But...if you know your limits...

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Mari said...

Cute house! What a great workout. I get hungry when I focus on my meals but it does sound low. I bet it is the thyroid level hold you back not your cal.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

Rachel

You may want to play around with your foods so you get more quantity wise, but still keep your calories low. I've been staying around 1100-1200 for quite a while now, and be more than happy to send you a couple of my sample menus if it'd help. I don't think I'd be able to make it through with that menu you posted today. I'd be feeling the hunger pains too!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Christie said...

You little worker you...go to town!! Hey, LOVE the house girl...I just now noticed you are in cali...did I read that you are going to Phat Camp????? Yahooooooooooo sista...me too...yipeeeee
glad I finally got your blog added...
Hugs
Christie

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Christie, I live in Fresno... and YES I'm going to Phat Camp and I can't wait to meet you! It should be lots of fun. I'm a little nervous, though - I'm still not in GREAT shape... hopefully I will be by the time March rolls around.

Thanks for all your comments about calories... it's getting easier - I'm keeping calories between 1100 and 1250 per day. I remeasured my waist this morning and it's down to a little less than 26" so maybe the last few days have paid off. I haven't been adding an extra cardio so dropping calories is really the only change I've made...

Jennifer, I'll pm you about your meals - thanks!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

You're going too!? On now I HAVE to go - I'll have two 'buds' to hang out with...

26" waist and you're worried about YOUR shape? Mine's 10" bigger :P if I can go - you can! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home