Tuesday, November 01, 2005

C1W7D2 – High on Life

This is the first Halloween in a loooong time that I haven’t had one tiny candy bar. Not one little Hershey’s Kiss. Not one PB cup. Hooray!

I planned on doing HIIT on the elliptical this morning to give my shins a break, but as I walked by the treadmill was calling my name so I hopped on and I’m so glad I did. I definitely hit another 10 with cardio (10mph) and I gave myself some recovery time and ran for another 10 minutes at 6 to 6.5 mph. I finished that up with a 7.5, 8.5 and 9.5 mph minute each and it felt awesome. Anyway, I had to refrain from screaming out in excitement WOOOOHOOOO! I also had to control myself not to high five the man next to me. He wasn’t impressed with my skills – he’s there everyday running like a banshee. I wonder what he would’ve done if I asked for a high five… Man, I LOVE that runners high.

Progress?
I posted my week 6 photos to tracker and perhaps I notice a teeny, weeny, itty-bitty reduction in certain areas. I swear I see more muscle definition in person – it doesn’t show up on film at all. But guess what? I’m not upset. I know I’m making HUGE progress on the inside. I feel strong. I can sprint at 10 mph. I’m not suffering from depression. I sleep like a baby. Things are improving.

Meals:
M1 – Chocolate oatmeal (minus the natural PB)
M2 – oatmeal and protein
M3 – tuna, green salad
M4 – tuna, pear
M5 – chicken breast, green salad, small sweet potato
One gallon of water.

BFL Top 15 Finalists
I have a tremendous amount of respect for Cheryl and truly, truly hope EAS selects her to win the big prize. I’ve been reading the finalists’ blogs at bfl.com and the related comments. I really hate the spirit of this voting – it seems a bit cruel to the people who made it so far. Will all but one be completely crushed in the end? Not only the finalists, but their family, friends and supporters. I just think the way they used to choose a grand master champion was more dignified. Now people who don’t make it to the top 5 are going to wonder if they should have campaigned more – done more to increase their odds of going all the way. It’s ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home