Monday, November 07, 2005

C1W8D1

Things have been busy, busy, busy and I haven’t have time to update since last Thursday…

Things are right on track with workouts, food, water – but I took my measurements this morning and NO CHANGE since last week. This is the first week that everything is the same. I didn’t go crazy on Free Day this weekend – I took one free meal (sushi and a crepe) so I don’t understand. Hmmm… I just realized last week was the first week I didn’t add extra cardio in the afternoons. I did add 15 to 20 minutes of steady state to the end of my HIITs, but nothing on weight days. Maybe that’s why I didn’t make any measurable progress. I didn’t even bother weighing myself. I’m going to take my own advice and forget about that bloody scale.

I’m afraid and my mind if full of self doubt and I know I shouldn’t be focusing on my fears of my body not cooperating with me… but – ARGH.

Moving on.

Friday I did UB workout at home with some dumbbells that I have – I also did push ups and tricep dips… Although I was still sore yesterday, I’m going to wait till we have our home gym set up before working out at home again…

Saturday I did HIIT on treadmill and ROCKED it once again; however, I have to force myself to stop using the treadmill for a minimum of two weeks. My damn shin splints have gotten so incredibly painful and my shins are bumpy and inflamed. I’ll continue with my stretching and strengthening exercises and do elliptical or bike for the next two weeks and then watch out tready – here I come! We went shopping in Walnut Creek - what a cute, cute town. The air is so clean and the downtown area is so darn cute!

Today was LB workout and abs:

Quads:
Leg Press
1x12 – 90 lbs.
2x10 – 115 lbs.
3x8 – 140 lbs.
4x6 – 175 lbs.
5x12 – 140 lbs.
DB Squats 1x12 – 20 lbs.

Hamstrings:
Deadlifts
1x12 – 40 lbs.
2x10 – 50 lbs.
3x8 – 60 lbs.
4x6 – 70 lbs.
5x12 – 50 lbs.
DB Lunges 1x12 – 20 lbs.

Calves:
Standing Calf Raises
1x12 – 150 lbs.
2x10 – 160 lbs.
3x8 – 170 lbs.
4x6 – 180 lbs.
5x12 – 160 lbs.
Sitting Calf Raises 1x12 – 140 lbs.

Abs (BFL style):
Decline sit ups w/10 lbs. weight
Hanging leg lifts

I love leg day because it goes by so fast!

This week I’m starting to track my food at fitday so I know where I am with calories, ratios, etc.

Meals:
M1 – oatmeal and protein
M2 – oatmeal and protein
M3 – tuna, small apple
M4 – cottage cheese, small apple
M5 – chicken breast, broccoli
One gallon of water.

Now I gotta go catch up on ALL the blogs I read...

3 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

Rachel

Try not to be so hard on yourself! I know it seems like you went light on your freeday, but doesn't sushi have a lot of sodium? I am finding that when I'm retaining water, it's in my feet, legs, hips and abdomen. Sounds like your eating clean, and having some great workouts, so don't worry about it!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger carolakabb said...

Wow, were are all in such a same place... doubting that we can succeed and maybe sabotaging ourselves a bit... you should read Steph's and Jen's posts from today or yesterday...

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

Hope your shins heal soon. I know dealing with my foot pain has been a struggle, but I'm working through it.

I agree with you Walnut Creek is a cute little town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home