Monday, November 14, 2005

C1W9D1 - Holy Cow - Week 9 Already???


Friday evening’s event was lots of fun. I didn’t have any hors d’oerves, but I’ve always wanted to try Shiraz, so I had a very small glass of it and didn’t finish it. It tastes just like all the other red wines I’ve had. One of the new model homes has the exact tile upgrade that we chose for our home and it is beautiful. We selected 21” tiles and we’ve been a little freaked out that they’d be too big, but they look so nice. We also upgraded our patio to a covered patio and I was concerned it wouldn’t look as nice as building an arbor or something custom – but I can put those fears to rest, too. Whew. Now I can just concentrate on the fears I have of spending sooooo much freaking money on such a tiny little house and tiny little yard! EEEECK! Sigh. (The photo is the living room. I think our fireplace is sexy.)

Saturday I did HIIT on the elliptical followed by 15 minutes on the stationary bike. Another good workout. I was famished and decided to take my free day and we went to our favorite breakfast place. I was thinking I’d have French toast but when it was time to order I got the spinach omelette and whole-wheat toast.

Yesterday was rest day and I was a total bum. I was so tired and didn’t do a thing except grocery shopping for the week. It was nice to just chill out at home. Eating was on plan and water intake was good (coulda been better…).

Back to the gym this morning for UB workout. It’s after 1:00 pm and my arms are still a little fatigued... I thought about adding some steady state cardio in, but time was running out so I may do something this evening. But then again, maybe I won’t. I’m getting a little tired of all the extra work not yielding extra results so maybe I should just hold steady.

Chest:
DB Chest Press
1x12 – 17.5 lbs.
2x10 – 20 lbs.
3x8 – 25 lbs.
4x6 – 27.5 lbs.
5x12 – 20 lbs.
DB Fly 1x12 – 15 lbs.

Shoulders:
Arnold Press
1x12 – 12.5 lbs.
2x10 – 15 lbs.
3x8 – 17.5 lbs.
4x6 – 20 lbs. failed at 4 reps
5x12 – 15 lbs.
BB Upright Row
1x12 – 40 lbs.

Back:
Assisted Pull Ups
1x12 – 100 lbs.
2x10 – 90 lbs.
3x8 – 80 lbs.
4x6 – 70 lbs.
5x12 – 90 lbs.
Reverse Grip Pulldowns – 80 lbs.

Triceps:
Extensions
1x12 – 35 lbs.
2x10 – 45 lbs.
3x8 – 55 lbs.
4x6 – 65 lbs.
5x12 – 45 lbs.
1 Arm Cross Overs 1x12 – 10 lbs.

Biceps:
EZ Bar Curls**
1x12 – 25 lbs.
2x10 – 30 lbs.
3x8 – 35 lbs.
4x6 – 40 lbs.
5x12 – 30 lbs.
21’s 1x12 – 10 lbs.

Meals:
M1 – 1 tbsp natural PB, coffee (pre-workout meal)
M2 – oatmeal and protein
M3 – oatmeal and protein
M4 – tuna, small gala apple
M5 – tuna, 1/2 yam*
M6 – chicken breast, romaine salad
One gallon of water.

*Dana D posted on tracker that she bakes her sweet potatoes for a couple hours and they turn out delish so I gave it a try and she was right. Yummmmmy! Way better than microwaving them. I baked some sweet potatoes and yams and they came out so soft and sweet and fabulous. I’m going to have to be careful with these…

**Dumb question: Is it called the EZ bar because it's easier to do a curl with it than with a standard barbell?

Totally off topic and more of a reminder to myself so I don't forget... I NEED to do something different with my hair. I saw a Hanes commercial this morning with Marissa Tomei and her hair looks fabulous. I want that hairstyle.

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

Holy cow, is that your home? It's beautiful! I can't wait till we get back to remodeling ours. So many wasted ideas right now! Good job on the workout, man I think I'm doing good till I read yours! lol. And I know what you mean about the hair. I'm ready for a change too, just don't know what to do with it!

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Mari said...

I agree that is a sexy fireplace !!That is one beautiful home. Nice workout!!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger KC said...

I agree with Jennifer and Mari re: the home and the workout. Fantastic!

And I'm feeling you on the needing a new hairstyle thing. I've been feeling that way about myself for at least 10 years. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home