Tuesday, November 15, 2005

C1W9D2

There’s a little tickle in my nose and I’ve been sneezing all morning… I so don’t want to catch a cold right now. I’ve started taking the Airborne and some Zicam and hopefully that will nip this in the bud.

My HIIT this morning was less than stellar. All the elliptical machines were taken so I decided to give the treadmill a shot. My shins were hurting for the first few minutes, but then the pain subsided. Or perhaps, I just stopped noticing my shin splints because I was concentrating on the very weird burning, acidic feeling in my stomach. The faster I went, the worse the burning sensation. I didn’t achieve a 10. =(

My HIIT went something like this:

Warm up
Level 6 – 5.5 mph
Level 7 – 6.5 mph
Level 8 – 7.5 mph
Level 9 – 8.5 mph
Level 6 – 4.0 mph (the burning sensation in my tummy was baaad)
Level 7 – 5.0 mph
Level 8 – 6.0 mph
Level 9 – 7.0 mph
Level 6 – 4.0 mph
Level 7 – 5.0 mph
Level 8 – 6.0 mph
Level 9 – 7.0 mph
Level 6 – 4.0 mph
Level 7 – 5.0 mph
Level 8 – 6.0 mph
Level 9 – 7.0 mph
Level 10 - =(
Then I walked at 3.0 mph for a minute to settle the burning sensation. I looked at the display and at 20 minutes, I had somehow managed to hit 2.0 miles… don’t know how that happened.
I decided to run at 6.0 mph until I reached 3.0 miles and the last two minutes I bumped my speed up to 6.5 mph then 7.0 mph.
I cooled down by walking at 3.0 at 15 incline.

It was an OK workout, but I’m disappointed in not hitting a 10 – and what was up with the burning stomach???

My planned meals may or may not change, depending on what I get when I start plugging things into fitday. Jennifer, thanks so much for pm-ing with your meal suggestions. I’ll have to go to the grocery store and stock up on some new stuff.

Meals:
M1 – cottage cheese, apple
M2 – protein shake
M3 – chicken breast, apple
M4 – protein shake
M5 – chicken breast, green salad, sweet potato
M6 – cottage cheese
One gallon of water.

After seeing the Keys to Your Heart test on everyone’s blogs, I couldn’t resist taking it – WEIRD. Especially the part about marriage – I’ve always been freaked out about getting married. I never thought I would, but I’m very, very happy that I did and don’t feel like I’m confined… for the most part. It’s definitely an adjustment because I’m terribly independent, but I love my husband and I’m honored he would choose me to be his wife.

The Keys to Your Heart

You are attracted to those who are unbridled, untrammeled, and free.

In love, you feel the most alive when your lover is creative and never lets you feel bored.

You'd like to your lover to think you are loyal and faithful... that you'll never change.

You would be forced to break up with someone who was emotional, moody, and difficult to please.

Your ideal relationship is lasting. You want a relationship that looks to the future... one you can grow with.

Your risk of cheating is zero. You care about society and morality. You would never break a commitment.

You think of marriage as something that will confine you. You are afraid of marriage.

In this moment, you think of love as commitment. Love only works when both people are totally devoted.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

I'm with Jess on this one..jogging at 5mph is a stretch for me! I commend you for pushing yourself, even while not feeling so well. That's a different form of a 10, you know! Hang in there with the eating, it took me a while, and now I don't have to log every meal into fitday. You may have to play with it a while..watch your progress one week at a time, till you find your zone of actual pound loss. It can be tricky, as everyone is so very different. You will find it!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

What’s going on with me? I’ve always been so easy on myself and somewhat of a slacker… Hmph. I have to say, it feels good to be a little obsessed and a bit of a perfectionist for a change. Thanks for helping me see that! =)

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey girl..looks like you are kicking some butt and doing awesome. Can't wait to see your progress. Keep hitting those 10's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home