Wednesday, November 16, 2005

C1W9D3 - My First Official Bonk

Today was LB day, which I usually love because it goes by so quickly (don’t love the actual act of doing lunges, but do love the feeling in my bum for the next several days). Anyway, this morning I wake right on time (4 AM), drink my morning coffee, get dressed and put on my shoes to head for the gym. Lately I’ve been having a tablespoon of natural PB prior to lifting workouts to give me extra energy, but this morning I put my shoes on before my spoonful and as I was about to leave realized I forgot to grab a bite of peanut butter. I didn’t feel like removing my shoes and putting them back on so I just left for the gym (my husband is a little obsessive/compulsive and requires NO shoes beyond our entryway – his OCD is one of the things I find so endearing). Anyway, I digress…

I get to the gym and start with leg presses, which seem more difficult than usual. I make it all the way through sets 1 through 5 and move on to do hack squats (decided to try this instead of DB squats today). I put 90 pounds on and do one very difficult rep, then go for another – well, I went too far down and just didn’t have the energy to push myself back up. I really tried to focus my mind and do it, but I had to get out of the machine and remove one of the 45 lb. plates – got back in and still couldn’t push back up. Had to get out and take the other 45 lb. plate off. Geez. It was really embarrassing, but mostly I just felt weak and blechy. I went to the dumbbell section to do lunges, made it through my first set and said “F*** it.” And went home. I just feel completely bonked today. I’m shaky and weak and absolutely devoid of energy. I’ve lifted weights many, many times with no pb, so I don’t know why I feel so yucky today. I’m thinking it might be the calorie reduction or fighting the cold (but I really feel like the Airborne and Zicam stopped my cold in its tracks).

My boss says I can use his home gym whenever I want, so my plan is to workout at his house during my lunch hour. I’m on a streak and don’t want to miss any workouts.

About my husband’s OCD… he makes me wipe our dog’s feet with baby wipes each time we come in from outdoors! It does help keep the carpets super clean, but sometimes when hubby isn’t home – I don’t bother wiping Max’s feet just for fun. Oh! Another hilarious OCD thing he has is with the volume control on the TV. It MUST be set at level 12, 15 or 18 – no number in between. So, of course when hubby isn’t home I set it to 11 or 13 and when he comes home and turns the TV on and sees the volume control he gets very “disturbed” – isn’t that odd??? There are so many little things he does that just crack me up.

Meals:
M1 – Chicken breast, 1/2 apple, 1/2 sweet potato (thought the extra carbs would help my energy?)
M2 – Protein shake
M3 – Chicken breast, apple
M4 – Oatmeal and protein
M5 – Chicken breast, sweet potato, romaine salad
M6 – Apple and string cheese
One gallon of water.

4 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

My first guess would be lower calories - if you keep feeling 'yucky' like that while working out you will want to try lifting after eating - or adding a few more calories into your day.

I would react to your hubbies quirks in much the same way. I'm sooooo Passive agresive ;)

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger KC said...

I've had days like that, too, with lifting. I think it just happens sometimes. For me, there are lots of variables that can affect it.

Your husband's OCD stuff is hilarious. That is so funny about the volume on the TV. I will admit, we do wipe our dog's feet everytime she comes in, but her feet get pretty dirty, and we have light colored carpets.

I would react the same way you do, too. Ha ha. "I'll show you, I'm turning the volume on 13. So there!"

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

lol. Whatever you do, don't call him "anal!" I tend to get a kick out of annoying these kind of people. I sat next to this one guy for a while at work that had to have everything "just so." When he wasn't looking, I'd move his stapler or paper clip holder to the other side of his desk. It drove him absolutely nuts!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger carolakabb said...

omg! I am laughing so hard about the ocd thing and the tv volume! Poor man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home