Tuesday, January 31, 2006

FLAT OUT BINGE mode... Oh, and a few wedding photos.

OK, so I’m going to have to declare a “do over” for the start of Challenge 2, which was supposed to be yesterday (Monday)… it just didn’t happen. My only excuse is being tired, sick and trying to restore my rhythm. However, that’s NO excuse for eating like crap and I mean CRAP. Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday each contained a meal from either McDonald’s or Carl’s Jr. YUCK. I don’t even like those places. My other meals consisted of top ramen noodles and oatmeal and protein. I was just too exhausted and sick to make it to the store. My energy was so zapped that I barely made it through the drive thru. Oh crap. I just remembered the Reece’s Big Cups (2 or 3), Snickers, Caramel Sundae from McDonald’s… shit and one of those little chocolate cakes from Carl’s Jr. . No wonder I can’t get my energy back. Not with fueling my body on shit. I just ran an errand and had to force myself to avoid the McDonald’s drive-thru for a soft serve. What’s wrong with me??? I can’t stop shoveling food in my mouth. It’s starting to freak me out a bit.

Last night was the first full night’s sleep I’ve had since January 22 (the night before we left Malaysia). It felt so great to sleep rather than just nap. I did get up and go to the gym this morning for HIIT, but I’ve decided to start officially on Monday so I can be prepared, completely caught up on sleep and in the right power mindset.

I weighed myself in Malaysia twice. The first scale said 130 lbs. the second scale said 128 lbs. I NEVER trust those types of scales – they always seem several pounds light, but STILL… what if I’ve undone all the progress I’ve made with my binging???? My tight pants are still feeling loose, but not as loose as a couple weeks ago. I gotta get a grip!

Now, about the wedding… it was so lovely. Words can’t even describe it. We had such a great time and partied all night. As part of the wedding reception, the Nikko Hotel provided us with the “Honeymoon Suite” so our plan was to check in early, shower and then I’d have my hair and makeup done by the stylist my sister in law booked for us. Did I mention we had a double wedding with my husband’s little sister? I think that made it twice as much fun for me. Anyway, we didn’t get to the hotel as early as I had hoped and I didn’t have time to have my hair or makeup professionally done. I was so freaking sad. =(. I cried like a stupid little baby because it’s impossible to do anything with my hair in Malaysia (humidity poofs me out like crazy) and I knew my hair would look terrible. Fortunately, it didn’t poof out because we stayed inside the whole time, but it was totally flat and straight and ridiculous. Sigh.

I got over my bad hair day and had the time of my life. I don’t know how well you’ll be able to see the dress in the photos, but it was a fun dress to wear (until the spaghetti strap broke halfway through the night and I had to use someone’s corsage-thingy and safety pin it…). Not the best quality dress. Don’t know if I ever updated my blog about my dress ordeal, but wasn’t able to get one of the several dresses I loved I wanted and had to settle for something less than perfect…

Here we are walking down the red carpet at the reception. Cruisin’ by Huey Lewis and Gwenyth Paltrow was playing.




Side view of the walk (can't see much of the back of the dress, but I like the little bit of train...)



You can see a little of the back (and my tan lines) in this photo. I love the way my husband dances. He's so adorable.



I like this photo (and I usually HATE/DESPISE any photo of myself) but I must've said something quite funny because the man I said it to (and I have no idea who he is) found it hilarious... or maybe he just has an open-mouthed smile? Hmmmm. I'd like to think he found me very charming and witty. =) Unfortunately, the guy in the red shirt didn't have the same response...



The cake... which is totally fake, by the way, except for one little wedge for the cake cutting part of the reception. I was told all wedding cakes are fake in Malaysia except for the tiny wedge for cutting. I found that very odd and interesting. I think the wedge was fruitcake or something. Yuk. But it looked pretty.



Jason's group of friends from waaaay back. Lovely people. I adore them all.



And they're lots of fun, too. =)



P.S. I'm still trying to catch up on everyone's blogs. I have a lot of reading to do!

xoxoxo,
Rachel

8 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Girl...I must be way out of the loop. I thought you were already married. Shit..CONGRATULATIONS. YOU LOOK AMAZING..GLOWING!! GIrl....you are so slender!! Can you say HOTTTTTT!! Congrats again!I really feel like a moron for not realizing that you just got married. The both of us will have to celebrate with a protein shake at Phat Camp!! By the way...don't think that you've undone what good you did. Everything will fall back into place!!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Lovely Lovely Lovely! You look great! And I second Jen's comment about Rene Russo!

The wedding looks like it was so awesome!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Congratulations! You look beautiful!!! I love your dress!!!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger KC said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you before. You are so adorable!

You look so smokin' hot in that dress. I love it. You are a thin little thing!

Looks like a good time was had by all. You two make a really cute couple.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Wow, you look incredible girl, and ummm, your hair looks GREAT...I'm glad you had such a great time!! Congrats...

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

Rachel, you were absolutely radiant! You look so beautiful! I didn't even recognize you, I kept scrolling down looking for Rachel, then started reading the captions, and am like ,"Oh my God, that IS Rachel!" lol. You have come such a long way since we first started talking back in September! It will take time to get back in it, just get it out of your system now, stick with your start date and don't look back! I absolutely LOVE your hair! What were you talking about that you can't do anything with it? It looked fantastic!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Mari said...

Wow you do look hot in that dress. Love all the pictures. Congratulations you guys look graet together. Lovely,
Mari

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

You all are very sweet. Thanks for your compliments about the dress and my dreaded hair. I had envisioned "wedding hair" not “everyday hair” if ya know what I mean…

For those of you who I confused, I've actually been married since August '04, but it was a small ceremony and we waited to have the reception in Malaysia.

Also, thanks for the encouragement about me getting back on track fitness wise. I’m finally back on California time and sleep through the night and I'm starting to feel more motivated and making progress with cleaner eating (yet still in much too large quantities). I'll definitely be ready to rock my Julie Challenge starting on Monday though.

Love you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home