Tuesday, November 29, 2005

C1W11D2 - Confessions

I have an ugly confession to make… I slipped up big time over the long weekend. Remember my tentative Thanksgiving plan? The one I thought would be a piece of cake to stick with? Well… I did great till dinner and then the peer pressure of “It’s Thanksgiving! You HAVE to try the sweet potatoes with marshmallows/nuts/sugar” and “Here, I brought you this piece of 3-layer double chocolate cake” took it’s toll and I caved. It was delicious at the time, but was it worth it? I dunno – it was delicious at the moment, but the taste is long forgotten…

Friday, Saturday and Sunday – get this – I didn’t do one workout. I had ZERO motivation, ZERO drive, ZERO “get-up-and-do-it-no-matter-what” AND… I ate 3 oreos and four Krispy Kreme donuts over the course of the weekend… AND I didn’t drink nearly enough water... AND I didn’t update the blog because of my shame. Oh, and a couple handfuls of Doritos. It could be due to the worst, longest, drawn out PMS I’ve had all year. GRRRRR. I just want to eat and watch TV. My husband and I lazed around all FOUR days and watched TV and movies. What happened to my desire to go hiking in Yosemite??? =(

But here’s the interesting thing… I think I really needed the rest. Starting yesterday, I’m back on track. My waning motivation is starting to return! I’m a little disappointed in myself and I hope I didn’t undo any progress, but I’m kinda glad that it happened because I’ve been really seriously struggling the past couple weeks with my lack of desire to hit it hard at the gym.. I’m ready to rock again.

I decided to do cardio yesterday morning and weight training today. Yesterday’s workout was a 20 minute HIIT on elliptical followed by 20 minutes on the treadmill running at 5.5 mph to 6.5 mph and it felt so great! I think I burned up about 524 calories in about 43 minutes. If the theory of burning 3x’s the amount of calories in a fasted state is true, does that mean I burned about 1500+ calories? I read something to this extent on one of the BFL finalists’ blogs, but it sounds a little off – or too good to be true…?

Just for kicks, I wore my heart rate monitor this morning and as long as I kept moving at the right pace, my heart rate stayed in the 65% to 75% of maximum heart rate range (except during rest periods) – so this style of working out really is two-fold: weight training and fat burning! Yay! I’m not sure why I did UB workout this morning – it probably should’ve been LB. I guess I got a little mixed up since I missed 3 days of working out last week…

Chest:
DB Chest Press on Stability Ball
1x12 – 15 lbs.
2x10 – 20 lbs.
3x8 – 25 lbs.
4x6 – 25 lbs.
5x12 – 20 lbs.
DB Fly 1x12 – 12 lbs.

Shoulders:
Arnold Press on Stability Ball
1x12 – 10 lbs.
2x10 – 12 lbs.
3x8 – 15 lbs.
4x6 – 20 lbs.
5x12 – 12 lbs.
BB Upright Row
1x12 – 40 lbs.

Back:
Assisted Pull Ups
1x12 – 100 lbs.
2x10 – 90 lbs.
3x8 – 80 lbs.
4x6 – 60 lbs.
5x12 – 90 lbs.
Cable Row – 70 lbs.

Triceps:
Extensions
1x12 – 35 lbs.
2x10 – 45 lbs.
3x8 – 55 lbs.
4x6 – 65 lbs.
5x12 – 45 lbs.
Kickbacks 1x12 – 12 lbs.

Biceps:
Barbell Curls
1x12 – 25 lbs.
2x10 – 30 lbs.
3x8 – 35 lbs.
4x6 – 40 lbs.
5x12 – 30 lbs.
21’s 1x12 – 10 lbs.

Monday’s Meals:
M1 – egg whites, spinach, oatmeal
M2 – oatmeal and protein powder
M3 – turkey burger, apple
M4 – pear, string cheese
M5 – salmon or tuna cakes, green salad
One gallon of water.

Today’s Meals:
M1 – egg whites, spinach, oatmeal
M2 – oatmeal and protein (yuk – used banana flavored protein and it was grosssssss)
M3 – tuna, brown rice
M4 – tuna, small pear
M5 – cottage cheese, green salad
M6 – string cheese, small apple
One gallon of water.

3 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

I think that happened to a lot of people this weekend.

The good news is that we are back, right on track.

Keep it up!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

Yep, me too. I didn't stick to my Thanksgiving plan either. Don't beat yourself up over it too much. The important thing is that you picked yourself back up! I've learned the hard way not to restrict myself too much on days like Thanksgiving or free days, or I end up just setting myself up for an all out binge. The free meals seem to be working so much better for me. Your workouts since sound over the top! Way to go Rachel!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger KC said...

Hey, it was Thanksgiving and I think we all deserved a break. I would advise everyone to just not plan anything diet or exercise wise on any holiday (well, at least the major ones). That way, we can do what we want and NOT feel guilty afterwards. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home