Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Ramblings of a Mad Woman

I think I have time for a quick update. Workouts have been GREAT and eating was PERFECT. Until I caved in and ate several chocolate covered Ritz crackers yesterday. I’m not beating myself up, though. I finished my BFL challenge #1 as of Sunday and I’m down several inches (I think my waist is about 25 1/2” now – yay!) but haven’t lost much scale weight. Also, my hips and thighs haven’t gone down much either and I don’t understand that… funny thing is, my feet seem thinner and better looking. Why couldn’t I lose weight in my feet LAST???? Why is the hips, thighs, ass the last to go for me??? I'll have to hurry and retake measurements and update my tracker profile soon. My Myotape broke and the other tape measure doesn't give me the same readings as the Myotape for some reason. I wonder which one is more accurate. How could one be more accurate than the other??? I've always been suspicious that my Myotape made my measurements smaller than they actually are.

I’ll start challenge 2 when I get back from Malaysia, but I will remain on track while I’m there. Eating is going to be the biggest problem. We’re staying with family and they have a cook (domestic help is very, very, very cheap there. They hire Indonesian immigrants for like $120 a month – it’s crazy!). So finding things BFL approved will be my biggest challenge. Besides, I don’t like to be “difficult” with family. At restaurants I don’t care, but with family I like to be as easy going as possible… If I can just maintain while there I’ll be happy, but I will be working out so maybe I’ll make progress. I’m rambling aren’t I? My brain is so full of nervous energy right now… so busy with work and so much on my mind to get ready for this trip…

I’ve been frantically trying to find a dress for the wedding reception. It’s a black tie event and I don’t know if I should get a simple wedding gown or a just formal evening gown. I went to a bridal shop and tried on several dresses. I LOVED THEM ALL. Wedding dresses are amazing! The designers really know how to make them so every curve is accentuated perfectly. My waist looked so small! Unless the mirrors were those “special” tricky mirrors that look great so you buy whatever you tried on. I haven’t had any luck finding a formal evening gown so I’m probably going to go with the wedding dress.

We’re taking our laptop to Malaysia with us so I’ll be able to blog from there - and more importantly keep up with all my blends’ lives. =)

That’s all I have time for now. I’ve been reading all your blogs and don’t always comment but try to when I get time.

XOXOXO, Rachel

Here are some of the dresses I have to choose from. I loved them all so now it's decision time... yikes.










7 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger S said...

I really like the first one, the draping is awesome!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

I like #3, but of course, they are all so pretty!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

Wow you have been busy! And congrats on finishing C1! Whoohoo! Oh...and I LOVE gown number 1!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Holy cow, those are beautiful dresses, I can't wait to see your pics...good for you finishing your challenge!! ummm, chocolate covered ritz??? the thought frightens me...lol

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

Those dressees are AWSOME - I wish I could pull something like that off. I'm like you, I would want to buy them all!

Oh - and I lose weight in my feet too.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger havlow said...

Wow all of those dresses look great actually!!

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

They're all so beautiful!! I like the first best I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home