Wednesday, November 23, 2005

C1W10D3 – Dirty Filthy Love

Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful for so much, but right now, at this very moment, I'm most grateful for having Thursday and Friday off from work. I really need a four day weekend.

Dirty Filthy Love: We watched a quirky little movie last night called Dirty Filthy Love – it’s a British movie about a man learning to deal with the break up of his marriage, Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder and Tourettes. I loved the movie Matchstick Men – and just find OCD fascinating - and the title of this movie caught my eye so I picked it up at Blockbuster. My husband gave me a strange look when he saw the DVD cover, but he enjoyed the movie, too. So if anyone is looking for something a little different to watch, I’d recommend this movie.

Thanksgiving Day: My tentative Thanksgiving Day plan is to stay on track as any other EFL day. My husband and I will be having dinner at the country club with our boss. It should be easy to stay on track with food choices since it's a buffet dinner. I'll just have a portion of turkey, some vegetables, and hopefully a decent complex carb. I don't think I'll be too tempted with dessert. I like to keep my free day on the weekends - preferably Sunday so I don't end up with a free-for-all. So… that’s the plan. Hopefully I won’t cave. I’d love to go hiking in Yosemite on Friday – hopefully I can talk my husband in to going… I have been dropping lots of hints. Actually, I think I’ve come right out and said “I’d like to go hiking in Yosemite the day after Thanksgiving.”

Calories: As I mentioned in a previous post, I’ve been trying to keep my calories in the 1100 to 1250 range. I totally hate it. I was reading Top Cop’s blog and he’s in a bulking phase now – he was saying he finds it really difficult to reach his goal of 2800 authorized calories a day. I would have NO problems with that – it’d be a piece of cake (mmmmmm cake). I think I have a freakish appetite for a girl. Hypothyroidism supposedly suppresses the appetite. Ha! Not for me it doesn’t. I don’t even want to eat unauthorized foods all the time – I just want to eat more of the authorized foods.

EFL: I usually use the George Foreman grill for my chicken breasts, but I haven’t figured out how to cook them perfectly – they usually turn out leathery and dry. In fact the thought of those chicken breasts turn my stomach. So I decided to try poaching them with some ginger and it’s much easier to swallow and quite delicious actually.

I also cooked some brown rice with diced ginger and a can of fat free/low sodium chicken broth and it was delicious – so much yummier than plain old brown rice.

BFL: I feel like I’m starting to lose the loving feeling for weight training. My strength and enthusiasm is lagging big time. I think I might need to cave in and buy some Betagen – if I’m feeling stronger, maybe I’ll be more excited to lift weights again. WHERE IS MY BURNING FIRE???

Today’s UB workout was good, I hit my 10’s and my arms are still fatigued.

Chest:
DB Chest Press
1x12 – 15 lbs.
2x10 – 20 lbs.
3x8 – 25 lbs.
4x6 – 30 lbs. (failed at 5 reps)
5x12 – 20 lbs.
DB Fly 1x12 – 15 lbs.

Shoulders:
Arnold Press on Stability Ball
1x12 – 10 lbs.
2x10 – 12 lbs.
3x8 – 15 lbs.
4x6 – 20 lbs.
5x12 – 12 lbs.
BB Upright Row
1x12 – 40 lbs.

Back:
Assisted Pull Ups
1x12 – 100 lbs.
2x10 – 90 lbs.
3x8 – 80 lbs.
4x6 – 60 lbs.
5x12 – 90 lbs.
Plus 8 reps at 90 lbs. of dips just to try it out
Reverse Grip Pulldowns – 80 lbs.

Triceps:
Extensions
1x12 – 35 lbs.
2x10 – 45 lbs.
3x8 – 55 lbs.
4x6 – 65 lbs.
5x12 – 45 lbs.
1 Arm Cross Overs 1x12 – 10 lbs.

Biceps:
Barbell Curls
1x12 – 25 lbs.
2x10 – 30 lbs.
3x8 – 35 lbs.
4x6 – 40 lbs.
5x12 – 30 lbs.
21’s 1x12 – 10 lbs.

Meals:
M1 – oatmeal and protein
M2 – oatmeal and protein
M3 – poached chicken breast, brown rice
M4 – tuna, brown rice
M5 – chicken breast, brown rice (oops didn’t bring much to work with me today)
M6 – leftover chicken stir fry and steamed chinese broccoli
One gallon of water.

4 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger KC said...

Man, I thought your post was going to be about something else entirely. Damn!

:))))

I'll have to check out that movie.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Rachel!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

sounds like a great plan - Hope your thanks giving was good and you got to go hiking. :)

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Mari said...

I get frozen bags of chicken and bake for 35 min. they come out juicy. I like to add some marinade they have some yummy ones with 10 cal. a serving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home