Friday, February 10, 2006

I DO NOT totally suck.

Somehow I deleted my 12-week “after” photos from my camera’s memory card. I do have one photo from the day we went snorkeling at Pulau Payar (I believe the date was January 14, 2006), which gives a fairly good idea of the progress made since the fall of 2005. I think it also shows quite a bit of difference since I started this journey to fitness in September of 2004. The progress is slow, but steady and I’m pleased with that. Of course, I’d love to be one of the dramatic transformations that happen in only 12 weeks…


January 14, 2006 - Snorkeling in Pulau Payar, Malaysia


September 19, 2005 - The "Before" photo for my first "Official" by-the-book BFL Challenge



September 7, 2004 - This is really scary. I can't believe I ever let myself get so out of control and out of shape. Never again.







The reason for my title is I’ve got to start paying attention to my goals. My first goal for my torch challenge is to maintain positive self-talk. Telling myself I totally suck isn’t the way to achieve that goal now is it? I have made progress and will continue to make progress until I obtain the body and fitness level that I desire. No more board shorts for me.

I’ve been eating on plan, but haven’t been working out. However, I’m still on target for starting my challenge on Monday and I will make it happen.

I’m trying to identify why my previous challenge didn’t produce the dramatic results I was hoping for. I’ve come to the following conclusions:

Alcohol – I drank too much on too many weekends, which led to several missed workouts.
Portion Sizes – I have a freakishly large appetite. Hypothyroidism is supposed to cause a suppressed appetite. Ha! Not for me. I can eat and eat and eat. Although I was very disciplined with clean eating, I’m afraid I allowed my appetite to get the better of me, so I’ll really do everything in my power to control portion sizes.

I’m a little concerned about possibly having stress fractures in both my shins. Any shin splints should be completely healed by now, but both shins are feeling twinges of pain after running twice last week. My shins have had more than enough rest and my shoes are nearly new. I better make an appointment with a doctor. Fortunately I’ve figured out a killer HIIT program on the elliptical, but I miss the runner’s high and would love be able to set some running goals.

Have a lovely weekend. Looking forward to posting my kick-ass workout come Monday morning.

xo, R.-

4 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Tracey said...

First of all I love that Malaysia photo! Its a great pic!

Second, thanks for commenting on my blog. This, I believe, is my first visit here. I'll be back because I've got hear any food issues you have; read - I totally relate with the appetite thing. Believe me, I can eat & eat. Only thing is, I don't have any "medical" reason for it. Its one of my 7 deadly sins - gluttony!

Keep up the great work, you've made amazing progress.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Lori said...

LOTS of progress. You look awesome!!!

Lori

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Erin said...

that picture of you in Malaysia really is beautiful... you just have this sort of serene elegant look about you... and the way the water is glistening. did your husband take that picture? I can only imagine him thinking: "I am the luckiest guy in the world to be married to this woman" :)

I have to admit though... the surf board shorts cracked me up a little... just because I wear them ALL the time. It's seriously my overall goal to be able to wear a bikini in public WITHOUT shorts on over the bottoms. maybe this summer... we can get there, right?

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

I love that picture of you Rachel. You look HOT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home