Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I totally suck.

I don’t want to list my numerous “excuses” but let’s just get it out in the open… I haven’t started my Torch Challenge. Although I told myself I’d start on Tuesday rather than waiting till Monday the 13th, things just didn’t happen for me and I’ve let myself down. I’m no longer in “binge mode” but TOM did show up five days early and I’m just feeling blah. I’m also not interested whatsoever in taking new photos for the challenge, but know I’ll regret it if I don’t.

I’m determined to make this my best transformation ever. I’ve definitely come a long way since October 2004. For some odd reason, I just can’t seem to get past the starting blocks. I don’t have any parties or plans this weekend to give me any excuses come Monday, so I’m making a self-promise that I promise to keep: I WILL START MY TORCH CHALLENGE ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2006. For sure. No excuses. I will be 100% prepared by this weekend. I will go grocery shopping again. I will take photos, measurements, and update tracker. I will not continue to let myself down.

Also, just wanted to say how much I appreciate all of your support, encouragement and advice. It really means a great deal to me.

6 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

You don't suck, you just let life get in the way. I'm holding you to your promise though - the 13th, I wanna see it!

BTW, I just got a chance to look back at your earlier posts and you were an absolutely stunning bride -congratulations!

Laurie

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Sometimes LIFE takes a front burner. It happens and you shouldn't feel bad about it.

I, too, will be checking up on for the 13th!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

Hang in there Rachel..it took me several weeks to get the spirit back, no matter how much I told myself I wanted this to be the best challenge yet! I've finally got it back, and you will too!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Erin said...

First of all... you do NOT suck... and although I am probably in no position to be giving advice right now given my own issues, I agree with Jess: you may want to start until Monday to start the actual challenge, but why not try to get on-plan starting today? That was you will get a chance to get into a routine, build up some momentum and take a little of the pressure off from the intimidating "Day 1".

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Hypertrophy said...

Rach, you may not officially start until Monday, but that doesn't mean you can't workout and eat as clean as possibly until then .... you just need to build some momentum ... period.

No pun intended.

:)

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

You don't suck. It's just a part of life. Sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. But you just keep on moving. Hang in there! I agree with the previous posts. You have a couple more days this week to plan and get your game in place so you're ready by Monday. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home