Friday, March 10, 2006

Busy week…

Not much time to update this week. Things are going OK. Not Perfect, but on track. Eating is good. I even made it through PMS with no bingeing. Although the damn chocolate truffles in the fridge were calling my name. LOUDLY. But, I resisted and that feels good. Workouts are suffering due to the knee situation. I had an MRI on Wednesday (I thought about you, Mari and wished I could've had you do it!) and my doctor is out on Fridays so I won’t hear anything until at least Monday or Tuesday. I did run on the treadmill yesterday for about 45 minutes. A nice steady pace of 6.0 mph and a few minutes at 6.5 and then a few minutes at 7.0. I know I’ve been instructed not to run, but I couldn’t resist and the knee felt fine. The pain or discomfort is really only when my leg is fully extended or when my knee is bent for too long (like when I’m sitting on my arse at work all day. God, I wish I were a farmer – but that’s a story for another day).

I’ve been working really hard on keeping my inner-dialogue positive and things are going well. PMA, baby!

Just thought I’d let ya’ll know that I’m still on track. Thank goodness. I may start posting my food and workouts again starting next week. That seemed to keep me accountable and helps me keep track of things. Hey, does anyone know of a fitday type program for your PDA? Have you tried it? Did you like it? Things have to be neat, clean and easy for me to use consistently. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. It’s cold and raining and someone even said it snowed earlier today… didn’t see any snowflakes, but it feels cold enough. Brrrrr.

xo, Rachel

6 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Way to go Rachel, ignoring those truffles! I'm currently trying to distract myself from the ice cream in the freezer calling my name. So reading your post is helping. I can do it! Damn you ice cream, just be quiet!

Laurie

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger FV Tom said...

Hi Rachel, glad you were able to run. Can't be too bad.

And way to go with the PMA! It'll get you places.

Have a great weekend.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Tonya (tonee) said...

Since I'm currently nursing an injury, I understand still trying to do what you were instructed not to do, but what I can't understand(but applaud) is how you ignored those truffles while PMS's. You need to send me some of your willpower, I can surely use it!!!!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Yep gotta second the "careful" bit hon... don't push it too hard.. see what turns out & in the mean time ...way to go on the PMA!

Hugs
Lala*

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Great job resisting the truffles! I'm not sure I have the strength to do that. Hope there's nothing seriously wrong with your knees. It doesn't sound too serious if you're still able to run. Just be careful and don't overdo it. Take care!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Mari said...

Glad you are staying on track, woowhoo. :D
Mari

 

Post a Comment

<< Home