Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Time to get S E R I O U S.

I’ve realized that I may have been in a hurry or scattered or jet lagged or something when I set my goals for this most recent challenge. I keep forgetting the goals I set. I’ve pushed them aside and focused on all the wrong things. It’s like I said the words but didn’t really internalize them or something.

I’ve also been very down and negative. Why? It’s time to make a serious change in my mental attitude. Tom is so good about reminding us how important having a Positive Mental Attitude is. It’s all about the PMA. Then I read Stef’s Positive Posting entry today and something clicked. Duh. Finally. They’re both so right. It’s totally a mental game.

I’m not exactly sure why but I haven’t been in it mentally. I can’t put my finger on the reason. I hope the “why” isn’t important in overcoming this… I feel like something is starting to click. I’m on a positive road right now and I’m determined to stay en route.

I did complete 1.75 days of cleansing fast (Master Cleanse aka Lemonade diet) and while I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT think this is a good idea for anyone to try, I think it did help alter my thoughts about food and seemed to help me focus a little on what I need to do in order to overcome my food issues. The crazy (and SCAREY) thing is that I feel it’s almost easier to eat nothing at all than to control my portions at meals or control binges. The way an alcoholic can’t stop at one drink, I can’t stop at the correct portion sizes. Instead of one tablespoon of natural peanut butter, I consume SEVERAL tablespoons. I’ve got a few strategies lined out that I think will help with this.

I decided to “break the fast” with dinner last night. I grilled some ground chicken patties, cooked up some brown rice and steamed some snow peas. It was delicious. I did have a little more than I should have, but I was freakin’ hungry. Today’s food portions have been stellar. We had a company lunch and I left half of everything on the plate – and I know how to get a plate good and clean. We all know how large restaurant portions are so I feel really good about myself.

I see my doctor about my hamstring and knee tomorrow morning and I’m hoping it’s a simple fix like wearing a knee brace. I’m really hoping rest isn’t required. I really want to be able to max out on my workouts and hit my 10’s in cardio and lower body. The knee and hammy are actually feeling a little bit better today, so maybe it’s no big thing.

Oh, and thanks to Erin’s post, I kicked ASS at the gym this morning. Uh huh.

I’m starting to feel excited again. I’m back in the game. I’m getting focused. For real this time, Aiight?!

7 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Stef said...

Hey Rachel~ I am soooo glad you are feeling better today. I read about a 3 day liquid fast, but decided it probably wasn't for me. I visited with the hypnotherepist today and had major breakthroughs. It was awesome! I will have to tell you about it when you call..... you will call, right??? LOL! Anyway, I am happy you had a better day today!

Stef :-)

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Erin said...

YAAAYYYYYYYYEEEEEE!!!! I can't even tell you how happy I am to see this post from you today!

I'll write more later when I have time, but I just wanted to CHEER!!!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Mari said...

Yeah that is great!!!Glad you are back in the game.
So, did you rewrite those goals? You better!
Mari

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger FV Tom said...

Welcome back to the game! WE NEED YOU!

Keep stepping up to the plate and knock 'em outta the yard! Or as our Boston blends would say, "Knock 'em outta the YAHD!"

PMA!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

YAY FOR YOU!
I'm so glad that you are back!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Yeah, Miss Fit is back! I curious to know about your knee/hamstring as a chronic knee pain person.

Welcom back!

Laurie

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Irene said...

I found you on Steven's blog (Word is Born) ... You're so right, it is a mental thing! Good luck with your fitness journey! Good to hear the excitment is back!

Take care.

~Irene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home