Monday, March 06, 2006

“Non-specific results from x-ray…”

I just got a call from my doctor’s office letting me know that I need to have an MRI. The x-ray showed some soft tissue swelling and there might be injury to the ligament. She told me not to run and definitely go easy on it. Bummer. Interestingly, I haven’t really felt any discomfort since last week and I ran Saturday and Sunday.

No workout this morning. We had a pretty heavy storm and a transformer blew up just as I was pulling in to the gym parking lot this morning. It was pretty cool - like a big, beautiful fireworks display. However, it did knock the electricity out and the gym closed down for the morning until power could be restored.

I probably won’t get home from work till after 8 tonight so I may double up my workout tomorrow. Not sure what to do about working lower body as I don’t want to risk further injury…

It’s PMS time and I’m H U N G R Y. Fortunately I’m not craving anything in particular, but I would’ve eaten my meals for the entire day by 10:30 this morning if I weren’t so busy. Whew. Things are finally gearing up for me at work with a project that’s been on-hold for many, many months.

Happy Monday!

xo, Rachel

7 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

Sorry to hear that Rachel, but I'm glad to hear that the pain has subsided. I'm crossing my fingers that it's nothing a little R & R won't cure.....

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Hi Rachel! Sorry about the x-ray result. I'm praying that it's nothing serious since you were able to run pain-free both Saturday & Sunday. Maybe the doctor just saw something he's not sure of and he's just being cautious. In the meatime, try doing low-impact cardio such as eliptical, cycling, stairmaster, & swimming. For LBWO, could lunges & squats aggravate it? Maybe use low weights?

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Erin said...

OH, NO! What a bummer to be dealing with an injury when you're rocking the PMA. Just do the best you can - stay on track with your eating and kick up your UBWO as much as possible. Have you tried swimming? I just noticed Katie Feldmom posted about it on her blog and it reminded me just how much of a kickass workout it is... and no impact.
On a semi-related topic... I've always considered Labor Day to represent the official end of summer... does that sound like a doable goal for our deal?

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey girlie....an MRI, huh?? Hopefully you can just "rest" it off! You are in my thoughts. Way to go and re-arranging to make it work! It's all about planning and getting it all in!! GREAT JOB!! Stay strong through the PMS. I am the same way (ironically..right now, too!!) Love ya, Dede

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

sorry bout the injure woes... hope that it is something that will just heal with a bit of time... BUT..let it ok??? I'm still nusing an ankle that I didn't let heal properly in MAY!! word to the wise!
Hugs hon!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Mari said...

You just come visit me and I will do that MRI for you. That would be awesome.
Hope you heal up quick.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Take it easy, and just don't push it. I like the swimming idea, or biking is good too. As for weights listen to your body and probably lay off the Quads since that's a lot of knee action there.

Way to stay strong through the PMS, I was not so lucky this month with that challenge.

Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home