Friday, March 03, 2006

“You’re Gettin’ Skinny”

I love my doctor. The title of this post is a direct quote from that fabulous and wonderful man. I could’ve kissed him. My first visit to his office was last June or July and my weight according to his chart was 147 lbs. He’s quite proud of my progress (so am I).

The doctor’s office scale read: 133 lbs. How is this possible? I’m not trying to sound negative, but I don’t really trust his scale. It may not have been calibrated properly. I can’t imagine it could be an accurate reading in light of my recent Oreo and peanut butter binges. Oh well, I’m going to go with it. I’m sure it can’t be off by that much.

My knee and hamstring pain definitely not as noticeable the past few days. I even ran at 6.5 mph yesterday morning for quite a while and the pain just isn’t there. Every once in a while I think I feel a twinge, but it may be in my head.

OK, so the Master Cleanse (fast I just did) is supposedly this super cure for all your ailments. Since my husband doesn’t know anything about my binge problem, when he asked me why I was doing this fasting cleanse I told him I was hoping it would help my knee/hamstring problem (I just can’t admit my other reason). Then today I was telling him how much better I felt and he said “ah shit, now you’re going to tell me the cleanse cured you.” What??? I hadn’t even thought of that (because of course I did the cleanse to help the bingeing, not the pain). But what if it did help? Weird… I've been experiencing this pain for at least two months.

We’ll see what happens. The doctor wasn’t sure what might have been causing the pain but since it’s been bothering me for so long he sent me for x-rays. I actually think it’s a soft tissue problem (possibly tendonitis in the knee which is affecting the hamstring?) so I’m pretty sure the x-rays will come back clean. He’s also prescribing a course of anti-inflammatory medication for 21 days, which I should be taking for the shin splints anyway.

Eating is SPOT ON. Workouts are HARDCORE. PMA is OUT-FREAKING-STANDING!

9 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Mari said...

Glad you got your groove back!!!
Intresting on the cleanse, maybe it fixed you.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger FV Tom said...

AWESOME!

Keep it up, Rachel!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

way to go on the weight drop!!! who cares if it's "absolute' the fact is even if it's off somewhat ...You're WAY down from June!
As to the mix up with Hubby ..ooops~lol I hear ya on SOME topics just not being open season...
Thanks for the comments on my blog..& hope to Talk to you soon!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Hi Rachel! My knees feel better too! I'm back to running, but I'm especially mindful of any twinges or pain. Hope your x-ray doesn't come back with anything serious. It's probably nothing that a little rest & ibuprofen won't cure.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger KC said...

That's great that your doctor said that, and you are!!!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

Trust your doctors scale! They're usually mean! And...I probably would have hugged the doc after a comment like that! Way to go on getting your rythm back!

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Last year my doc complimented me on maintaining my weight and told me I was doing really well "for my age". I don't know if it was supposed to be reverse psychology or not, but I was thinking, "I'm too fat and you know it... don't patronize me!" and it really lit a fire for me to get my a$$ in shape. I'm excited to go back this year and be like, "what do you think NOW doc? How am I doing for my age now?????" LOL!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Stef said...

I am so glad you are feeling better and eating is back in check. I am sorry I missed your call on Friday....I was hob-knobing with the champs...LOL! Please call me on Monday if you can. I would love to chat!

Stef :-)

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Rock on Rachel, this is fantastic!!! I think after the doctor said that to me I would have hugged him and left, because I would just want to stay in that momment. I'm so glad your knee/hammie is feeling better and so are you!

Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home