Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Member of the Butter Club? Oh, yeah! Day 3 of 84

Had to talk myself out of doing a cardio session instead of my LB workout this morning, but got in there and got it done. My legs are already feeling the muscle soreness. Yay. My abs are already sore, too – it hurts to sneeze. And, more good news… it still hurts like hell to put on my deodorant, comb my hair, take of my shirt, etc. =)

Eating is on plan. Gotta get back in the habit of chugging a gallon plus of water a day. Got out of the habit in Malaysia since we out and about a lot and there’s no guarantee you’ll find anything other than a “squatting toilet” – refused to try using one of those, so my water intake went way down and now I’m out of the habit.

I found the thread at tracker with the Englishman’s HIIT routine. Here’s his post:

"Last night my Cardio HIIT consisted of:
Treadmill at zero incline.
level 5 at 6 mph for 2 minutes.
level 6 at 7 mph for 1 minute.
level 7 at 8 mph for 1 minute.
level 8 at 9 mph for 1 minute.
level 9 at 9.5 mph for 10 minutes.
level 10 at 10 mph for 5 minutes.
Total distance traveled c3 miles.
Warm down

Anyone who can run 3 miles in 20 minutes or under is attaining a good standard of cardio fitness.

This routine is not strict BFL, but I cannot always guarantee a treadmill exceeding 10 mph. Otherwise, my level 10 for BFL HIIT is around 12.5 mph."

He’s an freaking animal!!! I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to achieve what he does, but it’s what I aspire to.

Here’s my problem… my hamstring is still acting up today and yesterday afternoon my knee starting feeling uncomfortable when walking up and down the stairs at work. I experienced a little knee pain several months ago, but don’t remember it being as “present” as it was yesterday. As much as I love running and as much as I aspire to be like Chevron, I’ll definitely need to be diligent with cross training to avoid too much injury.

3 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Sorry I haven't checked in this week so far, but I'm so glad that you got started on Monday and have kept it going.

Keep up the good work and inspiration!

Laurie

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Erin said...

awwwww yeahhhh... way to go!

that running program sounds deadly... holy crap!

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Stef said...

Yay~ 3 good days...meeee toooo!!!!

wow that cardio seems to be a killer. Let me know if you try it. I would be dead...my legs can't go that fast!

Stef :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home