Tuesday, February 21, 2006

On the DL? Day 9 of 84

My knee and hamstring are really giving me a hard time. Yesterday’s lower body workout suffered as a result, as did my HIIT today. I might have to switch from HIIT to MISS or LISS. I’m not a super big fan of MISS and LISS… so boring. Better update my iPod. And better quit talking about making an appointment with the doctor and actually get one made.

In other news… I’m 5 feet, 6 inches tall. 5' 6"!!!! I’m so excited about this… I can’t even tell you!!!! I have people tell me that I seem taller than 5’ 4 3/4” (which I’ve believed myself to be for years – I just round up to 5’ 5”). My husband and I stopped by our new house to do some measurements and while we had the measuring tape out, I asked him to measure me… sure enough: 5’ 6”! But I still didn’t believe it so I marked my height on a wall with pencil and measured that… still 5’ 6”! Do you realize what this means??? My body weight is spread out by a full inch more than I previously thought. Yay! My husband thinks I’m a nut case for getting this excited…

Speaking of nut case… has anyone seen Grizzly Man? The documentary about Timothy Treadwell and the grizzly bears of Alaska? Very beautifully done – the scenery was spectacular and the bears and wildlife were amazing. Very interesting film. I love animals. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. All of them. Can’t think of a species of animal that I don’t respect, admire or adore. I respect people who are so passionate about something they believe in – and Timothy Treadwell was very passionate about his love of the grizzlies. Unfortunately, he was also just a tiny bit disturbed. Bless his heart.

Oh, and lastly… I made a HUGE mistake. I bought some natural peanut butter after getting a nagging craving yesterday and I’ve consumed far too much. I think I’ll pour some water in the jar and just throw the damn thing in the trash. I thought maybe I was stronger but I simply can’t be trusted with peanut butter.

11 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger KC said...

When I was doing bfl, I had natural pb, and thought that was punishment enough b/c I regular have unnatural pb. Are you not supposed to have natural pb? Or are you saying you eat the whole jar in a day or something.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I see how I may have confused you… =) The first time I tried natural pb, I bought the salt-free kind and that went straight into the trash. Yuck. The second time I tried it, I bought the Skippy brand that doesn’t need stirring – it tastes just like regular pb. YUUUUUUM. Then I started reading labels more carefully and discovered the no-stir kind contains palm oil and something else to help prevent the oil from separating. So then I tried the natural pb that has salt in it and it tastes just like regular pb to me now. YUM. I’m afraid I’ll eat the whole jar by tomorrow. It’s so goooooood. Damnit!

Jess, I might have to remeasure myself with a different tape measure... it's just too good to be true! LOL

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

HIDE the PB!!! ~lol -- don't throw it out!!! _ I can't stand to think of waste... hide it behind ummmm I dunno the scale maybe!! I'm glad you're taller..makes the numbers nicer doesn't it!? tee hee the things taht excite us eh??

Hope you find out what is going on with your knee & such ... mine is bugging me today too... :(

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

I gained a whole inch in my 20's somewhere - I was always 5'2" and then by my late 20's I was magically 5'3" - I was so excited. I almost weigh less than my uberskinny, long distance runner hubby and I'm so excited - disregarding the fact that he's a foot taller than I am!

I'm with you on knee problems - I've had way too many and they are just no fun, and that noise walking up the stairs is just gross.

I have regular PB, but when I have a craving I make a 1/2 a Sandwich for my afternoon snack. It takes some work to fit it in calorie, fat, protein, carb-wise, but so, so worth it!

You fail to mention that weird grizzly guy gets eaten by his buddies.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Marijayde said...

Oooooo I LOVE me some natural PB - can't even really eat the real kind anymore!!

I only have it occasionally on a banana or an apple, but man I could down a whole jar if left alone and unsupervised!!

Funny about your height thing, I recently found out that I was more of 5'7 than 5'6, totally freaked me out!!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Hope your LB starts to feel better soon. Take it easy so that you can mend!

Congrats on the extra inch!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

LOL. I thought I was the only one that has the height issue! For years I thought I was 5'3 because that's what the nurse always measured me in high school. Then a couple of years ago I get measured for the first time since..and I'm really 5'2! Must have been the 80's hair-do! I was so upset, and still haven't gotten over it! And the PB...I don't trust myself one bit with the peanut butter! I either have it on free day, or not at all! I love it too much!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Hypertrophy said...

The Grizzy Man is on this weekend on Discovery ... I'm looking forward to seeing it, and who knows ... maybe that's the life for me ! :)

5'6" ??? You're still short ... :P

Jim

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger K. Marie said...

Yes, I watched Grizzly Man a few weeks back and thought the same thing. That guy was just a bit too far gone. And it seemed apparent from the interviews that all his friends, colleagues, etc. felt the same way.

And the bears, too, I guess.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey girl...Yeah...Peanut butter is a definite weakness for me...especially when I accidentally DROP some chocolate in it!!! I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!! So...is the house on track/off track. We need you at Phat Camp!!!! Thanks for your comment on my Blog about my Dad's passing. YOu made me smile!! Love ya, Dede

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Too bad about your knee and hamstring. I'm suffering through knee issues myself and really miss running. Hope it feels better soon.

A whole 1" taller! That's awesome! I wish I have the same luck. I really need it for my 5'1" height.

About the pb...I buy the all natural salt-free one so I don't crave it too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home