Thursday, March 16, 2006

Still Super Busy…

Just wanted to give a quick update. I’m still super busy with my project at work and packing up our apartment for the move. Our house is almost finished and we’ll be moving next weekend! Yay!! We’ve been living in a teeny, tiny apartment for the past year and a half so moving into our brand new house is so exciting. We don’t have lots to pack, but we do have lots of stuff we’re getting rid of so we’re in the middle of organizing a moving sale for this weekend. We’re making room for all the new beautiful furnishings we’re buying. Fun.

Food is good. I’m really focusing on portion sizes. Water is GREAT. PMA is better some days than others (today I’m feeling fat, so I need to work on my PMA a tiny bit today). Workouts are good. I did sprints yesterday (fastest minutes were 9.5 mph – probably could’ve gone up to 10 but my hamstring started tweaking). Bad idea. My knee and hamstring are angry with me today. The results from my MRI indicated nothing too serious – just some fluid and inflammation of the knee. My doctor has prescribed physical therapy twice a week for the next month so I’m looking forward to getting that started and putting this discomfort behind me for good.

I’m seriously considering hiring a trainer to help me dial in a new workout and more precise diet. I’ve read some stuff about calorie zig-zagging and multiplying your body weight by 14 then subtracting… oh, hell, no time to really try to explain it (and I don’t feel qualified anyway), but here’s a link to a zig-zag calculator I found: Zig-Zag Calculator for Fat Loss/Muscle Gain

It looks interesting.

Anyway, I gotta get back to work. I’m reading your blogs but don’t always comment. I’m a little concerned about Karla – her blog isn’t showing up. Anyone have any news?

Hope you’re all doing wonderfully well. I miss you all.

xo, Rachel

4 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Congrats on the new house! My brother just closed on his new house last week so I know how hectic that is.

Great job on the running! Even pain-free, I couldn't run as fast as you.

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Bella said...

Cool - thanks for the interesting link!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Erin said...

congrats on the new house... sorry you are so busy... hope you are hanging in there. email me if you need any support!

I have tried the zig-zag thing and when I'm doing it right it works GREAT... good luck!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger FV Tom said...

Congrats on the new house! Hope all is well with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home