Monday, April 10, 2006

Hello!

Thanks for checking in on me guys. I’m sorry I haven’t updated. I’m still really struggling with major lack of energy and major lack of brain function. Probably two of the symptoms of hypothyroid I despise the most (besides depression). It’s hard to explain, but one of the symptoms I really struggle with when my thyroid levels are as jacked as they are now is forming coherent thoughts and sentences. It takes FOREVER for me to formulate what I’m trying to say. I have a doctor’s appointment next Monday and I think my doctor and I will be able to come up with a plan to get me back on track.

I’m still working out and eating clean – with the exception of three cheat meals this weekend (I’m trying to keep it to just one per week). I’ll share my new workout with ya’ll just cause I’m too tired to write out other stuff that’s going on – hopefully that’ll change in the very near future.

OK. So, I’m doing a 3-day full body workout designed by a guy in town that trains fitness competitors and bodybuilders and I’m LOVING it. I haven’t had the energy to do HIIT, so I’ve been doing SS only, but as soon as my energy levels are back up, I’ll add in 1 or 2 SHIITs (SUPER high intensity interval training) per week. This routine has forced me to try new exercises I was always nervous to try. I’m proud to say I’m no longer a squat rack virgin. All exercises are done with Olympic bar, barbell or dumbbells.

Day 1 (Heavy)
Full Squats
Flat Bench Press
Conventional Deadlifts
Standing Military Press
Pull Ups or Lat Pulldowns

All done for 5x6 w/ 120s rest

Day 2
Romanian Deadlifts
Lunges
Flat Dumbbell Press
Seated Cable Rows
Incline Hammer Curls
Lying Triceps Extensions

All done for 2x15 w/ 30s rest

Day 3
Incline Dumbbell Press
Barbell Rows (underhand)
Dumbbell Split Squats on bench
Reverse Lunges
Standing Dumbbell Press
Lat Pulldowns (underhand)

All done for 3x10 w/ 60s rest

Hopefully I’ll be back to my old self soon and can update you all on all the fun stuff that’s going on with the house, etc.

xoxoxoxoxo, Rach

11 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger FV Tom said...

Looks like an awesome workout!

Can't wait to hear about the house.

Good to hear from you!

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Hypertrophy said...

Very interesting workout Rach ... how are you feeling from it ?

Any cardio ?

Hope everything works out for you with the hyperthyroidism ... I know it must be very frustrating.

Hang in there. I would think the workouts should help with the depression.

Hugs,

Jim

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

WOW! Sounds like killer workouts! Glad that you are liking them.

Can't wait to hear about the house.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I need to find some new workouts... it sucks because the standard BFL ones actually work really well for me, but I have been so B-O-R-E-D with them lately.

Hope you get things figured out with your hypothyroidism... that sounds like a real pain in the ass.

Glad you updated! Don't be a stranger :)

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Your workout sounds very challenging! Glad you like it. Keep us posted on how it's going.

Hope your thyroid issue gets straightened out soon! It must be tough.

Can't wait to hear more about the new house!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Hope the whole thyroid thing sort it self out ...I know what you mean _ my sis had troubles with hers due to other meds & she said it was like being Hung over half the time -- akkk! that would be NO fun~
You are AMAZING to be slogging thru that & doing such kick-ass workouts!!! let us know how they feel in a couple weeks..

Give me a shout some time in the mean time ok... AM's are better _ or email me & we'll set it up & I can call you! either way hon :D

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Marijayde said...

Hey girl, just checkin in on you - hope you are doing ok today :>

Nice workouts!!! Can't wait to hear all about the house :>

Jo

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Rach..hope you are feeling better, and the new workouts are working for ya!! Love ya, Dede

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

when ya got a sec. . .could you explain Romanian dead lifts?? Thanks--it does sound cool.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Hey Pers,

The Romanian DL is very similar to the stiff-legged deadlift. I'll let this article at T-nation explain it better: http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=250heavy2

Here are the videos I watched to see the slight difference in RDL's vs. SLDL's (it took me sometime before I felt like I was doing it properly).

Romanian:
http://www.bsu.edu/webapps2/strengthlab/images/rdl.mpg

Stiff:
http://www.bsu.edu/webapps2/strengthlab/images/sldl.mpg

=)

Jim,
I do cardio three days/week. As mentioned, my energy has been a little too zapped for HIIT, but as soon as I'm back to normal I'll incorporate 1 or 2 HIIT's per week (a little different than BFL's 20 minute aerobic solution, too). In fact, I'm trying to figure out if BFL's 20 MAS is actually considered a "true" HIIT. Any insight?

xo, Rach

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Carole Ingram said...

Hey sweetie! I hope you start feeling better soon, I have never delt with hyperthyroid but I have heard it's definitely not a pleasure. Let us know how it goes next Monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home