Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Blogger FUNK

I just don’t have too much to say lately. I’ve been reading blogs, but rarely commenting. I think the hot, hot heat is killing my thought process. Seriously. We (as many of you have as well, I’m sure) had record-breaking heat for the past 12 straight days. 114, 115, 116… BUT it’s supposed to get down to the low 100’s by this weekend so at least relief is in the not too distant future.

Diet is going well. Training is going well. I really need to get to a sports medicine doctor regarding my shins. I’m pretty sure I have tibia stress fractures in both legs and the pain is increasingly worse day by day. I hate to see a “sports medicine” doctor, because I’m not an elite athlete and I hate for them to tell me to “STOP RUNNING.”

We’re going camping this weekend. It’ll be nice to get up into the mountains and hopefully away from this heat.

Hope ya’ll are doing great.

8 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger TexInTheCity said...

WHOA! I just found your blog and you are amazing! I am on my own little journey to fitness and I reading your blog has given me resolve.

Thanks

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Heat does kill thoughts, resolve, everything.

Cooling down to just above 100? That's just wrong :) I was so happy to hear we're not going to break 100 today.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Earth has started spinning on the Y axis instead of the X as usual. Britain is experiencing temperatures upto 34 degrees C, it's unusual, and freakish. Normally we get upto about 27-28 and that's about 3 times a year.

I really hope your shin problems clear up soon. I'm thinking of you and I'm wishing you well. You're an amazing person and you don't deserve this, so GOOD LUCK getting it sorted, and WELL DONE for keeping the diet and training on track.

You should feel so proud of yourself.

Best wishes Rachel, and have an awesome day.

:-) :-).

Matt

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger FV Tom said...

Hi there. Been wondering where you were.

Hope you guys find cool weather and good times on your camping trip.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Have a great trip, hope you can escape the heat. We're hot here in MA too, but no way near what you guys have.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Sorry to hear about your shin pain. I hope that you have a great weekend camping! Just wanted to stop by and say hi...

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger leslie said...

We were in the mountains last weekend, so although it was 115 at home, it was in the low 80s at 7000 feet -- what a relief to get some relief, you know?

I'm not a super-consistent "poster" unless I have something to contribute. But it's fun to know that you're not alone in blogland.

Enjoy camping!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Now THAT is some serious heat! Wow. I hear ya on the blogger funk. I've been trying hard to think of what to blog about this week. And wishing others would update b/c I'm just plain BORED! lol Hope the temp cools down for you, BELOW 100! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home