Monday, June 26, 2006

My Quest for HOTNESS

Today is Day 1 of my Joel Marion 8-week test group plan. I think I’m going to take this week off from weight training because my diet includes little to no carbs and I just don’t think I’ll be able to continue with my heavy full-body workouts till I start getting some carbs in me (starting next week). I did the new cardio this morning and it was a killer – got that weird acidic burning sensation in my stomach which didn’t make getting through it any easier, but at least it’s done and I didn’t slack off.

I’m really excited to see what this new plan can do for me. I’ve needed something to rev me up for months… it’s only day one, I know, but right now I feel “ON”. Whew. I just want to be HOT. I don’t want to look good for 33 years old. I don’t want to be almost HOT. I just want ultimate HOTNESS. I work with way too many beautiful women. Which wouldn’t be so difficult to deal with, but my husband and I work together, so he also works with way too many beautiful women. These beautiful women wear some skimpy clothes sometimes. Several are 5’ 9” and wear stilettos on a daily basis. It’s starting to get to me a little. I need to get HOT!

The weekend was nice. We hung out with friends at their pool on Saturday. Yesterday was spent grocery shopping and preparing for the week ahead… I helped J hang a ceiling fan… nothing too exciting.

*************************************************************************

Since I love how Tom and Chérie comment on comments, today I thought I’d give it a go…:

Matt, as always, you are just so encouraging. It’s kind of amazing what an encouraging word does for someone! Thank you!

Pamela, can’t wait to finally talk to you. I can talk about details of my plan in conversation, but I’m not allowed to post on any forum or blog… but I can TALK about the details. ;)

Jim, Not really a secret routine, but I agreed not to share the diet. Oh, I’ll be updating with what I hope is some awesome progress. Like I said earlier, I MUST GET HOT!

Hi Leslie,I’m actually in Central California (Fresno to be exact) and it was bloody HOT this weekend. I hope your runners were OK. I actually saw a woman running at 4:00 yesterday afternoon. It had to be at least 110 and I don’t know how the heck she was doing it. I thought I was going to melt just from the short walk from my car to the grocery store.

Tom and Mari: My finger is much better. However, I did slip down my stairs the other morning. Bump, bump, bump. Bumpity bump.

Melissa, you’re welcome for the nice comment. I meant every word. And I don’t mind at all if you post my blog link. =)

Chérie, I’d love for someone to plan my meals and do the grocery shopping, too. In addition to that, I’d like them to unpack the groceries, pre-prep any food (wash veggies, etc.).

Jennifer, yep. I’m a little klutzy. See above. Always have been. ;P

Irene, hope you made it through your sticky, hot weekend. We’re only a few days into summer and I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come!

8 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hotness, that's quite amusing ;-). I can see that being a new buzzword inside of 12 months.

Frankly, seeing women in skimpy clothes and Stillettos, would be the exact opposite for me. I'd rather work with people who dressed normally to be honest.

That look doesn't kind of work for me. I often wonder what such a person is trying to prove.

Physical beauty, is about the whole of the physical form, and how you present it.

A lot of men might find that sort of thing stimulating I don't, particulary.

I hope I'm not saying anything to offend. I'm honestly not trying to savage your work colleages. I'm just trying to tactfully express a viewpoint, but I'll apologise if I did cause negative feeling.

The diet sounds like a modified Carb Cycle. I know you can't say anything, and that's understandable, I'm just musing about it, not fishing for clues :-).

WELL DONE finishing the Cardio. It can be hard to workout when you feel out of sorts, or you have a slight cold etc etc. For me, the heat causes problems. Two of my 5 weekly sessions are at home. Just me and some TV, so the heat plays havoc with my motivation.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK with the new regime. You proved today, you have a bit of heart and determination, to finish something that felt a bit uncomfortable, and those qualities will help define your end results, in terms of effort, and drive to succeed, so you should be proud of today.

Every liitle plus adds up to a big plus, so keep going, and keep believing in yourself. You'll get there I'm sure of that.

You have a right to be proud of your womanhood, and feel vibrant, so I hope you continue to achieve more success like today, if the original and recent pics are anything to go by, you should do fantastically with this challenge :-).

Best wishes and lots of luck to you Rachel.

Matt

:-)

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Good luck on your quest for "HOTNESS"! I'm confident that you will be successful! I'm curious about this new plan. Hope you'll share it with us one of these days. I do understand the need for secrecy for now.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger FV Tom said...

Hey Rach!

We all need goals and you have found yours! HOTNESS!

Good luck with the new program. Can't wait to see how you do.

And maybe we should wrap you in bubble wrap to protect you from your clusiness?!!?!?

be good!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Hey Rach... so sorry I haven't been around much lately... I have been thinking about our deal and I think it is still doable for me... and with your goal of hotness it seems like we are both thinking the right way :)

Best of luck on your quest... just remember to work on the mental part as much as the physical, because hotness is totally a state of mind!!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Hi sweetie..I think you're gorgeous already.. :)
but if you wanna be looking HOTTER..So be it! Staying on track during the summer is a HUGE challenge for me so.. a Pep talk I think will be a great jumping off point! & your Energy right now sounds VERY contagious! :)

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Hotness! I don't need the stilletos and skimpy clothes, but I do need to be hot! Today I rode in the elevator with this gorgeous woman, totally in shape and put together and I felt so frumpy. I just don't want to feel like that any more.

Oh, yes, I definitely need someone to wash the veggies for me. That would definitely increase my veggie consumption.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh, and you are hot already. You'll just get hotter :) That picture of you you posted for you at the end of last challenge, that's hot.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Yep... Hot and sticky, but it's not the Equator, so I can manage! Hehehe! Stay cool!
~Irene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home