Thursday, July 06, 2006

The World Needs More Holiday Weekends

I just love holiday weekends. I worked a little on Sunday to help out a colleague, but we were given the day off on Monday, which made it more than worthwhile. I made dinner for a friend on Saturday and he helped us hang a new ceiling fan. Sunday we watched Superman Returns. Monday we went swimming at a friend’s and watched a very interesting movie called The Secret – I found it very interesting as it relates to several books I’ve been reading lately (The Power of Intention, Conversations With God). Tuesday we enjoyed a nap and fireworks in the evening at the country club. Yesterday was a tough day to get through – I was so tired. I'm still tired today in fact. I've been reading blogs, but I'm too tired to comment.

Here's our new ceiling fan. It looks really nice in our living room.



Diet is still ON and going great. I ate sashimi today for the first time ever. I love sushi rolls, but don’t care for raw fish. Unfortunately, sushi rolls definitely aren’t on my diet, but what could be healthier than fresh tuna, salmon and snapper? I decided to change my dislike of all things raw. I can’t believe I choked it down. I really don’t get what the big deal is about sashimi. Why does everyone get so excited over it? Sure the tuna is a beautiful color, but it’s just raw???!!! I'm kind of determined to make myself love it. I'll let you know how that turns out. So far, it's not looking too good.

8 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like Fish. I would definitely not eat it raw either. Blerrcchh <:-(

I'm glad things are relatively good for you, I just know you're doing your best to keep the lifestyle in check.

GOOD LUCK, keep going, and be strong. You'll make your goals happen.

You desrve to feel proud of yourself :-).

Good to see you update. You have a great way of conversing with people.

All the best.

Matt

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Hypertrophy said...

Yes, we definitely need more long weekends .... I'm thinking work 3 days, 4 days off, every week .... until retirement ... are ya with with me Rach ? :)

I tried sushi for the first time in NC ... a "california roll", no raw fish in it, but it was pretty tatsy ... the wasabi sauce i dipped it in brought tears to my eyes though .. lol.

That celing fan is wild !!! Very cool !

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I've only had sushi, and preferred the california roll, LOL! About as plain as they come. :)

Thanks for the comments on my blog! But I am wondering now about which sizes to order. I've never ordered clothes from them but since you have I'm going to ask what you think- I am apprx 5'8" & usually around 135-140lbs. I'm wearing about a sz6 on avg. I could go from a 4-8 depending on the store, but generally it's around sz6. The dresses I'm looked at are all in sz's XS, S, M, & L. Going by the size chart, it says I'd be a S, but when I've bought underwear there I've always preferred a L (well I guess that's with the cotton ones). I ordered a string bikini in size M and it fits perfect. I have NO IDEA what sizes to order now. Any suggestions?!!! I've left you a book here, sorry!! LMAO! I was going to order tonight or tomorrow, then I saw your comment. :) I'm going to hold off for a little bit. Thank you so much for your help!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

I agree we NEED more holidays!! I could actually quite happily NEVER work again..but my lotto #'s just haven't made that doable yet! ~lol

LOVE the FAN !!! ..Now.. DO you?? :P

I agree about the sashmi... no thanks..California roll is about as wild as I get too!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Erin said...

mmmmmm... sashimi... i have to admit i love the stuff. It's so buttery and yummy, but actually good for you!

I'm glad to hear things are going well! Keep us in the loop as much as you can! :)

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

That is a frickin cool ceiling fan!
Wow!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger FV Tom said...

That is the coolest ceiling fan I've ever seen! I love it!

Sushi - not this cowboy. I mean, according to my friends who eat the stuff, California rolls don't count. I can eat the tuna but the rest - I just don't get it. And the price you have to pay just doesn't equate for me. Give me a good old rare porterhouse!

So where do we sign up for the 3 day work week? I'm lovin' this week.

Have a great weekend, Rach!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

That's a beautiful plate of raw fish! Is that actually what you ate?

I love fish raw if there's rice and seaweed and stuff to dip it in, but the texture by itself bothers me. Like you, I keep telling myself I will love it, so I keep trying it. I do the same thing with bananas.

Love the fan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home