Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm thinking of taking a Flamenco Class

I love ballroom dancing, but I can't get my husband to take a class with me so I'm thinking of doing something solo. I love the Latin dances... Samba, Rumba, Flamenco. I'm seriously thinking about it.

Temptation… temptation… it’s everywhere: chocolate chip cookies from this weekend are in the pantry, Easter candy is on clearance at the stores, it’s junk-food central in our office (I can’t believe the crap people shovel in their mouths all day long). I’ve been eating REALLY clean. But my progress is slower than molasses on a hot June day and sometimes I just want to give in to temptation. I WILL NOT GIVE IN.

Fitness is going well. Woke up with a muscle spasm in my neck yesterday morning so I didn't get to lift, but was feeling much better this morning and I even had the energy to do HIIT for the first time in a long while. It went well, too. Highest speed was 10.5 mph. I tried going running faster, but even though I entered "11.5" into the tready speed, the fastest it would go was between 10.2 and 10.5... weird. Maybe I wasn't pushing myself hard enough? I thought the treadmill made you go as fast as the speed entered.

I had my appointment with my doctor. He was really surprised to see the dramatic spike in my TSH levels so he reordered tests to ensure there wasn't a lab mistake. I know there wasn't because my symptoms are insanely insane. His files indicated that someone from his office was supposed to have called me on April 4th with a dosage change, but it was never initialed as completed. At any rate, at least I finally got in to see him and a plan of action will be in within the next week or so.

Here's a couple pictures of my dog, Max, for blog filler... still soooooo tired.

Frolicking in Morro Bay:







Blogger needs to come up with a way to add photo captions. Grrr. He's yawning in the second photo. I love it because it looks like he's laughing.

8 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger FV Tom said...

I would love to take ballroom dance lessons! Oh, well, can't ever find the time. Perhaps when I retire.

Get that doctor's staff in line, will ya?

Is Max a Vizla (sp?)? He's good looking.

be good.

P.S. I actually saw the top of Morro Rock once! Can you believe it, there wasn't any fog that day.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Great pictures!

Go for it with the dance class. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Hope you get the meds figured out!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

I took latin dance lessons a couple of years ago. My gym at work was offering it for free. It was a lot of fun! Do it!

You're fast! If I enter 10.5 on the treadmill, I'd probably go flying back!

Nice looking dog!

Hope the meds get figured out!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Hypertrophy said...

Glad to hear the thyroid issue is improving Rach.

Swing dancing is on my future to do list .. with a partner though .. :)

Cute dog ! Looks hyper !

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger K. Marie said...

That's a very cute dog! I'd like to learn to dance, too -- even if I do have to do it solo! My husband's a musician, but the rhythm stops at his knees :-).

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Wolfie said...

You go girl! Have you ever seen Selma Hayek in that movie Fools Rush In? There's a scene where he catches her in the kitchen, and she's cooking dinner doing this sexy Latino dancing, and he's just mesmerized by her. My first thought was, GOD I wish I could dance like that just so I could see my husband drool like Matthew Perry did!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Cute puppy!! & I would LOVE to take dance classes too!!! *sigh* maybe one day when I'm not WORKING at night when they always hold them!

YOu should do it & then I can live thru you for now! ;) Tee hee!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Erin said...

cool idea with the dance lessons... I would love to learn how to dance for real, but I think I would be too embarrassed at how terrible I am at the beginning.

also... DAMN, WOMAN... you are a SPEED DEMON! I don't know HOW you can run that fast. If I tried 10 mph I would probably last about 5 seconds before flying off the back of my treadmill. I can only do 9 for like 25 seconds. sheesh.

oh, and cuuuuuute dog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home