Monday, May 01, 2006

Personal Best Challenge – Day 1

I don’t have much time to update, but today was Day 1 of my 12-Week Personal Best Challenge. Workout was an hour of steady state cardio – my shins are hurting from last week’s measly HIIT session - so didn't want to risk running yet. Must be time for new shoes.

Diet for today has been pretty boring, but it’s been a busy day and it was a hectic morning so I didn’t have time to do anything other than throw a couple things in a bag and run out the door.

M1: oatmeal, protein
M2: banana, cottage cheese
M3: oatmeal, protein
M4: tuna, apple
M5: chicken breast, romaine lettuce with oil and vinegar
M6: protein shake

It was another exhausting and busy weekend… but at least the weather was beautiful.

WARNING: If you ever drink any EAS RTD's, please smell before taking a sip. My boss got a bad one today and retched right in front of me. He called EAS worried that the shake had been tampered with - it had a caustic, acidic odor and taste. Apparently this happens a lot and the EAS rep said the RTD was most likely compromised during shipment and bacteria was allowed to enter. HOLY. CRAP. The smell is seared into my brain forever.

4 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Hey there Girl Good to see ya back at things!! :D & yep "clean eating can sure be BORING can't it?? tee hee

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Oh yucky, yucky, yucky!!! I drink a lot of those shakes!
Your meal plan looks good to me. I like boring and easy! :~D

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Yuck! I drink the BFL RTD shake all the time! Thanks for the warning!

Good luck on your personal challenge!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Hypertrophy said...

Just a tip on your diet Rach. I'd really like to see more fibrous carbs in there ... brocolli, califlower , green beans .. stuff like that. That's in addition to what you're already eating.
It'll help .. you just have to trust me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home