Friday, May 19, 2006

Life isn’t always how it appears…

My dad always told me, “Believe nothing that you hear and half of what you see.” I might need to revise that after seeing these retouched photos. Very interesting.

http://glennferon.com/portfolio1/portfolio01.html

I’m seriously not in the mood to blog about fitness. Bleh. Eating is pretty good, but I’ve TOTALLY lost that loving feeling again. In fact, as soon as I made the “Personal Best Challenge” proclamation, my desire went out the window. I’ll get my mojo back. I will. I will. I will. I love fitness. I love working out. I loooooooove it.

Oh, thanks for wishing me luck on the sprinkler project. It actually got delayed. We were going in halfsies with a friend on a rototiller thingamabob and he had something come up.

8 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Thank you for posting that. It puts things into perspective. I find the realities of life much more appealing.

Sorry to hear you're blah, but you'll get your groove back. Sometimes, we just need a break!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Rachel, try doing something different to mix it up and bring the fun back to it. Now that the weather's nice I've been taking my cardio outdoors and rollerblading around a nearby lake a couple of times with Megan in the jog stroller - much easier to get excited about than yet another day on the treadmill, and Megan likes that we stop at the playground afterwards too.

Or if it's weights that are getting to you, try a different workout than BFL for 4 weeks or so. I just came back to BFL and love it again.

Just a thought.

Laurie

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Sure, I know they retouch those photos but getting to see the originals was really eye-opening. So many breast increases and back fat removals. And the makeup! Why wear any to the shoot?

I've seen those shots of Alicia Keys and loved her eyes. And they aren't even her real eyes!

Nice to hear from you, whether it's about fitness or not.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Just stopping by to say hi... Yep, not always in the mood to post about fitness... I completely understand about that!

~Irene

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Sorry to here you're not "IN the groove" right now hon...Soon HON _ It'll be back! trying something new might just be it..& WOW about the retouching thing.. we sat here a workd & went thru ALL the pics! I love that you call things thingymabobbys & stuff too! ! Tee hee :D

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Hypertrophy said...

I'm searching for mine as well .... something has to give.

Interesting link ....

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Just stopping by to say hi.

HELLO!!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger FV Tom said...

Hey there!

Those pics are great.

I can't comment on fitness - one should probably be doing something about fitnes if one talks about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home